Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gay Gallery Seeks Museum Status, Funding

I call your attention to some interesting news delivered by Christopher Murray, a Manhattan psychotherapist, about the Leslie-Lohman Gay Art Foundation.

It made me laugh, remembering a particular work of art we had in our Connecticut home that prominently featured an erect penis. It was hung (teehee) discreetly in our bedroom, but once, in the course of a large party attended by a "mixed" group of friends, a straight lady needed to make a private telephone call and sequestered herself in that room to do so. I entered the bedroom not knowing that she was there, and found her mesmerized by the sight of it.

The article includes some commentary by QNY's Perry Brass. The photo "Mitch" by Stanley Stellar, is from an upcoming exhibit at the gallery.


4 comments:

  1. I still have some of the drawing from when I modeled for their erotic drawing group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear kitchenbeard. QNY would love to be able to post those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if I can't have them scanned.

    ReplyDelete