Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rainy Sunday


Bike/Pedestrian Path to Riverside Park North
  Once it was clear the lightening had moved on last Sunday, I went for a rainy stroll through my neighborhood.  As with walks in snowstorms, it's very easy to see who is out in it because of unavoidable errands, a refusal to give up one's exercise regimen, and who, like me, is out for the sheer joy of it.  I like being reminded, ever so gently, that weather still has the last word.  There's that wonderful point where you realize you simply can't get any wetter.  I shouldn't have worn my sneakers though; it was three days before they dried out.  It took that long for my camera to speak to me again as well.  Might want to give old manual a look-see for future adventures.  

Twelfth Avenue at West 136th St.

Riverside Park at West 125th St.

No comments:

Post a Comment